OHFA has partnered with Framework® Homeownership and the John Glenn College of Public Affairs at The Ohio State University, to provide our borrowers with free homeowner resources in this first-of-its-kind program and research study. We have training materials on how housing counselors inform their clients about Power of Home.
What is Power of Home?
Clients will have access to search over 250 vetted Ohio programs for home repair grants and loans, free financial coaching, and counseling services, and glean from lessons and articles, as well as the ability to perform self-assessments to detect potential maintenance issues.
When you sign up, you will be able to:
- Explore homeowner resources to manage your home investment.
- Access an affordable loan for home repairs, improvement, and modifications from Huntington®.
- Meet your financial goals with free financial coaching and counseling services to reduce your debt and more from Apprisen.
- Search over 250 local home maintenance, energy assistance grant, and loan programs.
- Receive a $25 gift card for participating in the research study with The Ohio State University.
On December 12, 2020 OHFA borrowers became eligible to join Power of Home, a homeownership experience for thousands of homeowners providing unbiased advice, information, access to capital and ongoing support, powered by Framework®.
OHFA homeowners are invited to join a new program that offers free homeowner resources. Borrowers will be able to test new features and receive tools and resources to manage, maintain, build equity in their home and join a research study with The Ohio State University.
Participation in the research study will contribute to OSU's longitudinal research in evaluating the impact of the program on homeowner wellbeing. The data and research will be published to advance public knowledge about homeownership.
How Housing Counselors Can Get Involved
Housing counselors can support the program by informing OHFA clients about their ability to sign up for Framework during counseling sessions. By using the training materials and resources below, you can help clients get access to more free resources to support them along their homeowner journey while reducing the number of homeowners ill-prepared for home maintenance (53% as cited in a 2019 Framework survey).
When conducting the pre-closing homebuyer telephone counseling session, re-introduce Power of Home to borrowers.
Get excited about sharing these great resources and encourage borrowers to sign up to participate on the Framework web application, providing the link to the sign-up page.
Include text in your follow up email and attach the Power of Home Flyer for Borrowers to it.
- Housing Counselor Overview Flyer (192 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Power of Home Flyer for Borrowers (180 KB Adobe PDF File)