Welcome to OHFA's resource center for lenders. We are pleased to partner with a network of lenders to provide homebuyer products throughout the state of Ohio. OHFA offers homebuyer loans, down payment assistance, mortgage tax credits and other products to qualified buyers. Our goal is to make sure our lending partners understand the OHFA loan process. We offer a variety of resources, including in-office trainings for lending staff. For questions about our programs or becoming an OHFA enrolled lender, please email this address or call 614.466.9920.
Participating lenders can use our password-protected online system to submit loan reservations, check loan status, download pre-filled product forms and view updates and special product announcements. Visit Lender Online to log on and get started now.
Becoming an OHFA Expert
This course will review all aspects of OHFA programs, loan processing, down payment assistance and mortgage tax credits. Eligibility criteria and program combinations will be reviewed, so mortgage professionals understand how these programs can help their clients achieve homeownership.
Mortgage Tax Credit
This course will provide an in-depth review of OHFA's Mortgage Tax Credit Program, which can save homebuyers thousands of dollars over the life of their mortgage.
Lender Online, Processing, Closing and Post-Closing
This course is presented in video format and teaches the learner how to use the Lender Online Reservation System.
OHFA Home Purchase Options
A comparison of available OHFA single family purchase products detailing eligibility requirements, income limits, interest rates, loan types, credit scores and fees:
- OHFA Home Purchase Options At-A-Glance (433 KB Adobe PDF file)
Become an OHFA Lending Partner
Learn how you can take advantage of OHFA Homeownership Products to help more Ohioans achieve homeownership. Please view the participation requirements in the section below. To become a participating lender please contact:
Business Development Manager
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
In an effort to assist homeowners who are trying to refinance their mortgages, OHFA has established policies regarding subordinations. Subordination requests may result from an OHFA mortgage or from the Hardest Hit Funds under the program names of Restoring Stability or Save the Dream Ohio.
– OHFA Down Payment Assistance 2nd Mortgages originated on or after 9/1/2015 cannot be subordinated.
– Grants for Grads 2nd mortgages originated at any time are eligible for subordination with a $100 fee; please follow the instructions on the request form.
– For all other types of OHFA 2nd mortgages, please call 877-775-6446 for more information on subordination eligibility.
- Subordination Policy Fact Sheet (854 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Subordination Request Form (157 KB Adobe PDF File)
Restoring Stability or Save the Dream Ohio: If the lien resulted from the Restoring Stability or Save the Dream Ohio programs, there is no fee required to subordinate a mortgage originating from assistance using Hardest Hit Funds. Restoring Stability and Save the Dream Ohio mortgages are held by Ohio Homeowner Assistance, LLC.
The best way to reach OHA is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be reached by phone at 614.545.7839, but it takes much longer for a response.
Phone: 1.800.989.8448 or 614.545.7839
Buyers can add one or more of the following options to an OHFA FHA, VA, USDA-RD or conventional mortgage loan:
Downloadable Lender Documents
Product Guidelines – Effective 1/6/2020
- Conventional Program Guidelines (110 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Government Program Guidelines (97 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Basic (174 KB Adobe PDF File)
Product Guidelines – Effective Before 1/6/2020
OHFA Training Videos
This training uses Adobe Captivate which requires Adobe Flash. Certain browsers may have trouble displaying the material. Switching browsers or installing Adobe Flash should help resolve the issue.
Downloadable Lender Participation and Informational Forms
- Lender Participation Requirements (47 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement for Market Rate Program (141 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Guidelines (238 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Participation Agreement (217 KB Adobe PDF File)
- OHFA Response to HUD ML 19-06 (1.18 MB Adobe PDF File)