Welcome to OHFA's resource center for lenders. We are pleased to partner with a network of lenders to provide homebuyer products throughout the state of Ohio. OHFA offers homebuyer loans, down payment assistance, mortgage tax credits and other products to qualified buyers. Our goal is to make sure our lending partners understand the OHFA loan process. We offer a variety of resources, including in-office trainings for lending staff. For questions about our programs or becoming an OHFA enrolled lender, please email this address or call 614.466.9920.
Participating lenders can use our password-protected online system to submit loan reservations, check loan status, download pre-filled product forms and view updates and special product announcements. Visit Lender Online to log on and get started now.
Becoming an OHFA Expert
This course will review all aspects of OHFA programs, loan processing, down payment assistance and mortgage tax credits. Eligibility criteria and program combinations will be reviewed, so mortgage professionals understand how these programs can help their clients achieve homeownership.
Mortgage Tax Credit
This course will provide an in-depth review of OHFA's Mortgage Tax Credit Program, which can save homebuyers thousands of dollars over the life of their mortgage.
Lender Online, Processing, Closing and Post-Closing
This course is presented in video format and teaches the learner how to use the Lender Online Reservation System.
OHFA Home Purchase Options
A comparison of available OHFA single family purchase products detailing eligibility requirements, income limits, interest rates, loan types, credit scores and fees:
- OHFA Home Purchase Options At-A-Glance (333 KB Adobe PDF file)
Become an OHFA Lending Partner
Learn how you can take advantage of OHFA Homeownership Products to help more Ohioans achieve homeownership. Please view the participation requirements in the section below. To become a participating lender please contact:
Business Development Manager
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Please call US Bank at (800) 365-7772 to request payoff information; you may also fax a request to (800) 200-8772. The 1st mortgage payoff from US Bank will include a line item showing the payoff for the 2nd. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Grants for Grads Forgiveness
Please email an executed purchase contract or rental agreement showing an Ohio address to firstname.lastname@example.org to request forgiveness of remaining balance.
In an effort to assist homeowners who are trying to refinance their mortgages, OHFA has established policies regarding subordinations.
Down Payment Assistance second mortgages originated on or after 9/1/2015 cannot be subordinated due to the way the funding programs are structured. Please call US Bank at 800.365.7772 or fax a payoff request to 800.200.8772. The first mortgage payoff from US Bank will include a line item showing the payoff for the second.
Grants for Grads second mortgages originated at any time are eligible for subordination, but a borrower cannot get cash out. Please submit the required documents shown below by secure email to email@example.com or fax to 614.644.5393.
- Completed request form signed by all borrowers on the OHFA second mortgage
- Requestor's email address on request form
- Preliminary closing disclosure (no loan estimates) showing no cash to borrower
- Copy of the first page of recorded OHFA second mortgage
- Postage-paid return label
- $100 non-refundable fee to OHFA; ACH instructions will be emailed upon receipt of request
Click here for the Subordination Request Form. Allow 3 business days for OHFA to process the subordination.
For other types of OHFA second mortgages, please email the borrower name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buyers can add one or more of the following options to an OHFA FHA, VA, USDA-RD or conventional mortgage loan:
- Your Choice! Down Payment Assistance
- Ohio Heroes
- Grants for Grads
- Mortgage Tax Credit
- Next Home
- OHFA Refinance Program
Downloadable Lender Documents
- Conventional Program Guidelines (282 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Government Program Guidelines (222 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Basic (228 KB Adobe PDF File)
- OHFA Refinance Guidelines (277 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Lakeview Conventional Refinance Guide (355 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Lakeview Government Refinance Guide (319 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Lakeview Refinance Training Deck (1.35 MB Adobe PDF File)
Ohio Housing Finance Agency is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.
To request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability please contact Gina Scheiderer, ADA Coordinator, email@example.com no later than 48 hours prior to event.
OHFA Training Videos
OHFA Refinance Program
OHFA Training for Underwriters
OHFA Product Training April 2021
Downloadable Lender Participation and Informational Forms
- Homeownership Program eSignature Policy (76 KB Adobe PDF File) New
- Lender Participation Requirements (47 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement for Market Rate Program (141 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Participation Agreement (217 KB Adobe PDF File)
- OHFA Response to HUD ML 19-06 (1.18 MB Adobe PDF File)