As regulations and programs evolve, OHFA makes updates to the compliance rules and procedures associated with our various projects and programs. As a manager or owner of an OHFA-funded property, it's your responsibility to ensure that your properties comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. We've provided the following forms, documents and information to help with compliance to OHFA's policies and to ensure your project's success.
- Multifamily Compliance Transition Key Requirements (253 KB Adobe PDF File)
- 2019 Multifamily Annual Certification Requirements Chart (46 KB Excel File)
If you have any questions about these updates or resources, contact your regional representative.
The Internal Revenue Service and Internal Revenue Code regulate the Housing Tax Credit (HTC) program. Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP) documents describe OHFA's procedures and policies for distributing Ohio's allocation and basic requirements for compliance of housing credits that support quality affordable rental housing.
- OHFA Average Income Policy (215 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Extended Use Policy (259 KB Adobe PDF File) – revised 10/28/2016
Please see the Qualified Allocation Plan webpage for a QAP for a particular allocation year.
Please see the IRS & HUD Guidance webpage for more information on the HTC program.
HOME and Other Gap Financing
The goal of HUD's HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) is to provide formula grants to state housing agencies to provide financing for eligible affordable housing developments. These grants expand, preserve and improve the supply of decent, safe and affordable housing for very low- to moderate-income persons and households in Ohio. In addition to HOME funds, OHFA offers several other types of gap financing including the Ohio Housing Trust Fund (OHTF), Tax Credit Assistance (TCAP), Tax Credit Exchange (TCE), the Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP) and Financial Adjustment Factor (FAF) funds.
- HOME Rent Approval Form (PC-E50) (2.00 MB Adobe PDF File)
- TCAP, TCE, and NSP Compliance Guidance (103 KB Adobe PDF File) – posted 12/14/09
Please see the IRS & HUD Guidance webpage for more information on the HOME program.
Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan Guidance (777 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- PC-E45 Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (264 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- PC-E46 AFHMP Review Verification (175 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 2/8/19
- Supplement – AFHMP Census Data Guide - ECP-21s (729 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- External Link to Census Tract Information
- U.S. Census Bureau's American FactFinder
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- OHFA Memo on VAWA implementation
- HUD 2013 VAWA Final Rule
- Violence Against Women Act of 2013
- Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2013
Recommended HUD Forms
- HUD Notice of Occupancy Rights under VAWA form 5380 (57 KB Word File)
- HUD Model Emergency Transfer Plan form 5381 (54 KB Word File)
- Certification of Domestic Violence form 5382 (56 KB Word File)
- Emergency Transfer Request form 5383 (53 KB Word File)
- HUD VAWA Lease Addendum form 91067 (50 KB Word File)
On July 29, 2008, the IRS issued final regulation 1.42-10 (Utility Allowances). The final regulation revises and expands the methods available for calculating utility allowances, in addition to outlining other changes. The OHFA Utility Allowance Guidelines describe how owners of Housing Tax Credit projects should implement final regulation 1.42-10.
** Effective 3/1/19 ** Please submit all UA requests to email@example.com or Ohio Housing Finance Agency, Attn: Compliance Operations Manager, 57 E. Main St., Columbus, OH 43215
- Utility Allowance Policies and Procedures (330 KB Adobe PDF File) – revised 12/6/16
- Utility Allowance Request Form (248 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Utility Allowance Statement of Non-Renewal Form (99 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Permission to Obtain Utility Records (140 KB Adobe PDF File)
Owners and sponsors of apartment communities funded by OHFA through Housing Tax Credits, gap financing/HDAP (e.g. HOME or Ohio Housing Trust Fund), or Multifamily Bonds must annually submit certifications and reports to remain in compliance with these programs. Here is a summary of information you need to completely and accurately submit your reports. Don't forget to carefully read the instructions before starting the certification and reporting process.
- 2019 Annual Owner Certifications and Tenant Data Memo New
- 2019 Annual Certification and Reports Chart (184 KB Adobe PDF File) New
- XML Upload Features Summary (69 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Preliminary XML Activity Log List (12 KB Excel File)
Additional information regarding ongoing compliance can be found under the Compliance Updates Message Archive. If you have any questions or problems concerning annual owner reporting, contact your regional representative.
Annual Operating Survey
Part of the normal reporting process for Housing Tax Credit projects includes completing the Annual Operating Survey. The latest survey is to be completed and submitted to the Agency by March 2, 2020. Questions regarding the Annual Operating Survey may be directed by email to Kevin Clark.
- 2019 Annual Operating Survey (44 KB Excel File) New
Capital Investment Program Annual Certification
Deadline for submission of the Capital Investment Program was April 12, 2019.
- 2018 CIP Annual Owner Certification (133 KB Excel File)