The National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) is an affordable housing production program that complements existing Federal, state and local efforts to increase and preserve the supply of decent, safe, and sanitary affordable housing for extremely low- and very low-income households, including homeless families. NHTF funds may be used for the production or preservation of affordable housing.
The Ohio Development Services Agency is Ohio's administering agency for the National Housing Trust Fund, and has designated OHFA as the subgrantee to allocate program funds and monitor funded projects. OHFA awards NHTF through its HDAP programs.
HUD determines each state's NHTF formula allocation amount on an annual basis and publishes a notice in the Federal Register announcing the availability of funds. States must include an Allocation Plan for the NHTF in their Consolidated Plan submitted each year to HUD. OHFA's current and previous Allocation Plans are linked below.
ODSA prepares Ohio's Consolidated Plan each year and as such, holds a public hearing and comment period on the draft plan before submitting it to HUD. Information on upcoming comment periods and public hearings can be found on their webpage: https://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_ocp.htm
- 2020 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan – Draft (187 KB Adobe PDF File) New
- 2019 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (187 KB Adobe PDF File) New
- 2018 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (339 KB Adobe PDF File)
- 2017 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (2.74 MB Adobe PDF File)
- 2016 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (7.21 MB Adobe PDF File)
- Annual Allocation Amounts
- HUD's Exchange webpage: National Housing Trust Fund
- OHFA's NHTF Designation Letter (28 KB Adobe PDF File)
- HDAP Funding Sources Comparison (223 KB Adobe PDF File)
- National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC): 5-Part Video Series on Implementation
- Getting to Know the NHTF Program – 5-Minute Overview (1.30 MB Adobe PDF File)
Questions and correspondence regarding NHTF may be directed to
Office of Multifamily Housing
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215