On March 29, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an Order extending the eviction moratorium to June 30, 2021. The Order continues to ban evictions for certain renters under Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. § 264) and 42 CFR § 70.2.
As described in the Order, tenants qualifying as a "Covered Person" cannot be evicted for nonpayment of rent when a declaration under the penalty of perjury is provided to their landlord. Residents who previously submitted a declaration should not be asked to resubmit and should have continued protections until June 30, 2021.
Much of the content of the September 4, 2020 original Order has been incorporated into the updated Order.
The Order does not relieve the tenants' obligation to pay rent, and tenants must continue to comply with terms under the lease. Nothing in the updated Order precludes the landlords from charging or collecting fees, penalties, or interest as a result of the tenants' inability to pay rent on a timely basis. Evictions unrelated to nonpayment of rent can still take place. Any State, local, Tribal, or territorial area with a moratorium on residential evictions that provides the same or greater level of public health protection can supersede the updated CDC Order. To the extent any provision of the Order conflicts with prior Orders, the updated Order is controlling.
Download the Moratorium Declaration Form for tenants.
National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) Federal Eviction Moratorium Database
Searchable database of multifamily and affordable properties covered by federal eviction moratoriums.
LAWO Eviction Moratorium Map for Ohio
Click on "Show Data" on the right side to scroll through jurisdictions alphabetically.
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agencies in Ohio
- HUD/ FHA Resources for Borrowers
- Fannie Mae Homeowner Information
- Freddie Mac COVID-19 Relief
- Mortgage Help for Homeowners
- What You Need To Know: Mortgage Forbearance Video
- Who Owns My Mortgage – To know whether you qualify for mortgage forbearance as a homeowner OR if you are protected by the federal eviction moratorium as a renter.
Financial Assistance Information
- County Resources for Housing and/or Financial Assistance
- Franklin County's Rental Assistance Program
- Ohio Home Relief Grant (357 KB Adobe PDF File)