If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634) or visit the Department of Health website for a list of the most current resources and news updates.
General OHFA Updates
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) has transitioned all of its employees to working from home. While it is our intent for business to continue as normal, our operations may be impacted by this transition, so we request your patience as we process draw requests, rental assistance payments, loan funding requests, loan closings, etc.
The below information has been broken into sections by department. Please check this page as more updates become available.
– Home Relief Grant
Ohioans can receive assistance with rent, mortgage, or utilities from the state of Ohio, through their local Community Action Agency (CAA).
– Resources for Housing Assistance
Includes resources related to eviction moratoriums, mortgages, financial assistance, and legal (eviction/foreclosure).
On-Site Vaccination Clinics for Senior Housing Sites
- Schedule An On-Site Vaccination Clinic at Your Senior Housing Community
- Coordinating On-site Vaccination Clinics at Ohio's Senior Housing Communities (2.78 MB Adobe PDF File)
- Regional Rapid Response Assistance Program – Site Managers (43 KB Adobe PDF File)
Emergency Housing Assistance
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the OHFA Board approved disbursement of up to $5 million to the state's nine Continua of Care to address homelessness prevention, rapid rehousing, and emergency rental assistance.
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 the OHFA Board approved an additional $4.75 million to support the increased housing needs of Ohio homeless and those at risk of homelessness because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Emergency Investment Fund Notice & FAQs (50 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Housing Agency Provides Additional $4.75 Million for Emergency Homelessness Services
- Ohio Housing Finance Agency to Provide $5 Million for Rental Assistance and Emergency Homelessness Services
- OHFA COVID-19 Response Memo – Board Approved Summary (59 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Emergency Housing Assistance Program Guidelines (66 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Emergency Housing Assistance Program – Frequently Asked Questions (64 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Emergency Housing Assistance Program Grant Report (33 KB Excel File)
- OMHAS Criminal Justice Housing Program Guidelines (70 KB Adobe PDF File)
- OMHAS Criminal Justice Housing Program FAQs (110 KB Adobe PDF File)
Office of Multifamily Housing Updates
- Carryover Allocation Relief for Multifamily Partners
- Letter Template for Carryover Relief (20 KB Word File)
- Multifamily Lending Program (MLP) Loan Forbearance Initiative
- Funding Process for HDAP and HDL Projects (330 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Housing News from Washington DC and the Ohio Statehouse
- BGF Guidelines, Competitive HTC and Consolidated Plan Updates
- Guidance to Properties with Ohio 811 PRA Funding
Compliance and Property Management
- Guidance on Services, Move-ins, Recertifications & More
- Guidance Regarding the Ohio Department of Health Director's Order to Stay at Home
- Guidance to Owners and Managers Regarding Group Activities and Supportive Services
- Suspension of Physical Inspections
- OHFA is Open for Business (49 KB Adobe PDF File)
- A Special Message to Homebuyers and Partners
Resources for the Homeless System
- OHFA Resources for the Homeless System
- Coalition On Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COHHIO) COVID-19 Resources
- Homeless Shelters in Ohio