Project Administration oversees developments receiving Low Income Housing Tax Credits (HTC) and Housing Development Assistance Program (HDAP) funds during the construction phase of the development. Project Administration is responsible for ensuring that the development progresses according to schedule and that the recipient fulfills all terms of the funding agreements and related policies. Please follow the document submission procedures.
Below you will find important information and descriptions of the documents and forms you may need to access during the project administration process.
Developments funded with resources administered by OHFA are assigned analysts from the OHFA staff. These analysts work with developers and funding recipients from the application phase through construction completion both to provide technical assistance and to ensure requirements of the various funding sources are being met. Analysts also review and approve requests for HDAP funds, conduct periodic site visits during construction, process the paperwork to close out HDAP requests and complete the requests for the 8609 forms. The following file lists analysts for each development along with contact information.
- Project Assignments – October 2016 (346 KB Excel File)
HDAP Status Reports
All HDAP recipients are required to update OHFA on the progress of the construction. One way to accomplish this is by completing an Interim Status Report. Should OHFA require this document, the staff assigned will send the form to the HDAP recipient to be completed.
All HDAP recipients must also complete a Final Performance Report. The deadline for this report is noted in the Funding Agreement. However, housing credit projects which are completed in advance of the deadline must submit the Final Performance Report with their 8609 request. Recipients should contact OHFA to obtain the form.
Projects which have been funded with HOME dollars through HDAP may also be required to submit a Notice of Contract Award (NOCA) and a Semi-Annual Labor Standards Enforcement Report.
If requested, recipients should send completed forms to the Project Administrator assigned to the development (see Project Administration Assignment list above).
- Notice of Contract Award (NOCA) (27 KB Word File)
(Required for all developments with HOME funds)
- Semi-Annual Labor Standards Enforcement Report (Required for all developments with 12 or more units assisted with HOME funds)
- Interim Status Report (will be provided by OHFA)
- Final Performance Report (will be provided by OHFA)
Request for Payment Form
HDAP developments requesting a draw of funds must use the Request for Payment form provided below. Please note that all draws must be on an OHFA draw form and accompanied by the appropriate supporting documents.
- Guide to Drawing HDAP Funds (9.90 MB Adobe PDF File)
- Drawing for Materials Stored Off-Site (15 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Request for Payment and Status of Funds Report (77 KB Excel File)
- Request for Payment and Status of Funds Report (32 KB Adobe PDF File)
- ACH Authorization Agreement For Direct Deposit (63 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Project Draw Log (updated 8/15/17) (14 KB Adobe PDF File)
Signature Certification and Signature Card
At the time of the initial draw for each development, the recipient must submit a Signature Certification and Signature Card to OHFA for review and permanent file. The two signatures displayed on the card must match the two original signatures on each draw form submitted.
If you are requesting a carryover allocation or an 8609 Form, please complete the following cost certification forms and submit them to OHFA with your request. Submit an Excel copy of the forms and a PDF copy of all other required items on a disk, plus a hard copy of the forms with original signatures and a check for the required fee.
- Cost Certification Forms for Carryover (42 KB Excel File) – updated 8/5/2015
- Carryover Cost Certification Letter Template (32 KB Word File)
- Gross Rent Floor Election Form (131 KB Word File)
- Form 8609 – Review Process (236 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Form 8609 – Document Submission List (41 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Owner's Cost Certification Forms for 8609 Request (119 KB Excel File)
- Contractor's Cost Certification Guidelines (178 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Contractor's Cost Certification Forms for 8609 Request (46 KB Excel File)
Final Energy Efficiency Certification
(For 8609 Form requests on developments agreeing to energy efficiency features at the time of application)
- 2010 Applicants (26 KB Adobe PDF File)
- 2009 Applicants (27 KB Adobe PDF File)
- 2008 Applicants (27 KB Adobe PDF File)
- External Link to National Registry of Accredited Rating Providers
Quarterly Construction Monitoring
Completion of the OHFA Quarterly Construction Monitoring Form is required for 9% and 4% Housing Tax Credit projects and HDAP projects. The Report must be submitted on a quarterly basis, beginning the first quarterly reporting period following OHFA Board approval, through 100% construction completion. Reports are due January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 of each year until the project is placed in to service.
OHFA is currently underwriting selected projects to determine the need for TCAP (Tax Credit Assistance Program) funding. Projects awarded TCAP funds are subject to federal prevailing wage rates during construction. These federal wage rates are commonly known as Davis-Bacon wage rates. To assist our customers with the implementation and compliance of Davis-Bacon monitoring, we have provided this user friendly guide.
- Davis-Bacon Payroll Submission Requirements (97 KB Adobe PDF File)
Developments receiving funding from OHFA may be subject to Davis-Bacon or state prevailing wage laws. Davis-Bacon applies to public developments that receive federal funding, and state prevailing wage laws apply to public developments that receive state funding. Triggers set forth by the applicable laws determine when the laws apply.
The OHFA Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements was crafted to ensure that OHFA's funding recipients are in full compliance with federal and state prevailing wage laws and regulations applicable to their development. The purpose of the guide is to provide OHFA's funding recipients and related parties (general contractors, subcontractors, developers, management companies, etc.) with a better understanding of the laws and regulations, and to establish "best practices" that will ensure federal and state compliance requirements are met.
The guide is not intended to replace or substitute any federal or state laws and regulations, but rather was written to serve as a supplemental procedural guide for OHFA staff, OHFA funding recipients, and interested parties to refer to when federal or state prevailing wage rates apply.
- OHFA Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements (1.2 MB Adobe PDF File)
HDAP homeownership development sponsors should refer to the HDAP Homebuyer Qualification Policy before beginning to work with potential homebuyers. Development sponsors should also review the HDAP Homebuyer Eligibility Workbook before qualifying potential homebuyers.
- HDAP Homebuyer Qualification Policy (24 KB Word File)
- HDAP Homebuyer Eligibility Workbook (62 KB Excel File)
Requests and Correspondence
Draw requests and all other correspondence should be delivered to the following address:
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Questions concerning the implementation of a HDAP-funded development should be directed to the Project Administration staff:
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Email Diane Alecusan