The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) and the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) are partnering to introduce a demonstration that will augment the Ohio 811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) Program. Similar to the Ohio 811 PRA Program, which expands affordable housing opportunities to persons with disabilities, the Ohio Department of Medicaid subsidy demonstration will target extremely low-income people with disabilities who are exiting facility-based settings and who further require accessible housing. The program will make available approximately $3 million to be used for operating subsidies for accessible units developed in connection to the 2016, 2017 and 2018 qualified allocation plans (QAP).
OHFA will make awards and administer operating subsidies to owners and eligible multifamily rental properties funded through the housing credit program. Owners will set aside up to 25 percent of their units for persons with disabilities and incorporate accessibility features into their projects that are consistent with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. ODM will operate a referral network that will connect individuals with affordable and accessible units. ODM will also provide access to supportive services.
Assistance will be provided through an operating subsidy covering the 15-year housing credit compliance period for approximately 30 to 36 units. As policies, guidelines and forms are developed regarding this program, information will be posted to this webpage.
- ODMSD Overview (256 KB Adobe PDF File)
- ODMSD Program Guidelines (57 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Program Comparison Chart: 811 & ODMSD (197 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Tenant Selection Plan (64 KB Adobe PDF File) New
- Vacancy Payment Policies (19 KB Adobe PDF File) New
ODM Subsidy Awards
- 2017 ODM Subsidy Demonstration Awards (40 KB Adobe PDF File) New
- 2017 ODMSD Project Proposal Summaries (987 KB Zip File) New
- 2016 ODM Subsidy Demonstration Awards (259 KB Excel File)
- 2016 ODM Project Proposal Summaries (992 KB Zip File)
Questions and correspondence regarding the Ohio Department of Medicaid Subsidy Demonstration may be directed to
Planning, Preservation and Development
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215